Suddenly I See

Sunday, November 23, 2014

2nd Annual Long Family Big Bear Trip



In August (I am so behind and I seriously can't believe that I haven't blogged these beautiful pictures) we went on the 2nd annual Big Bear trip with Rodger's family. We rented a bigger house this time because we had more people and one more dog. We ate, drank, hot tubbed, hiked, and pretty much just took in the amazing scenery.

Big Bear is a beautifully stunning place and every time I am there I just think how great it would be to own a house there. The trees and the water are just breath taking.

Highlights of this trip included (and pictured, albeit not in order whatsoever) the great food, the wonderful weather, going boating, going down the alpine slide, and my favorite the huge water slide. I could have gone down fifty times but limited myself to three times. Kona had a great time playing with the other dogs and going to the lake. I love how she just dives into the water (no matter how low the levels, seriously though we need like months of rain, we were standing in dirt where last year it was still part of the lake).

I think my favorite part of the trip was the long walk/ hike Rodger, Kona, and I took to the lake the morning we left to come back home. It was a two hour walk with hot cocoa. Being in that beautiful scenery was so peaceful and we had a great time chasing Kona around.

Until next year Big Bear!


















No comments: