Suddenly I See

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ideas for 2013

I have been thinking about resolutions for this new year. Mostly I have been thinking about other's resolutions, namely Eliza's and Jenn's. Why not borrow from people you love?

I am trying to not think of just the changes I want to make but more about the attitude behind them that will help me make those changes. These are the thoughts I am keeping in mind while tweeking and working on things that I want to change about myself.

  • When working towards a goal just work on taking small steps towards that larger goal. I.E. if I don't drink a soda in the morning that will help me to be healthier (and slimmer). And not worry about giving up soda all together. It's like working on a smaller goal to get to the bigger goal. (Eliza).
  • To be more accepting of things as they are and not to feel a need to control everything! (Jenn) Somewhat self explanatory but I think I want to apply this to be more accepting of people and just appreciate people for who they are and not who I wish they were and what actions I wish they were doing. I wouldn't want people to act that way towards me so this is something I need to work on. I think it will help me in my overall goal, which is to be less critical towards other as well as towards myself.
There are two other ideas I am going to keep in mind while working on myself this year. They come from songs.
  •  "May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground". -FUN. "Carry On" I like the idea of always living forward and not living in the past. I need to work on this. I am just an extremely nostalgic person but its important to live in the present and always move forward.
  • "Well those drifters days are past me now, I've got so much more to think about, Deadlines and commitments, What to leave in, what to leave out." Bob Seger "Against the Wind". This really speaks to me. Just in the daily decisions we make in life (both big and small) it's important to think about what's worth keeping in life and what would be good to let go of. I guess in other words it's all about simplifying.
These are the ideas I will be keeping in mind this year in my continual journey to become the person I want to be. It's all about daily improvements.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I like your ideas. We all need to live in the present and not in the past and not to worry so much about the future.