Suddenly I See

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hawaiian Honeymoon Days Seven and Eight (Maui)

I didn't blog yesterday because I wasn't feeling that well. I felt like I had a touch of the flu (nauseous and feverish) but today I feel better so I am thinking maybe I had just gotten too much sun from the day before and not enough to eat. At any rate we didn't do a whole lot and this is one of the only pictures that we took.

We sunbathed by the beach in front of our hotel, which is when I started to not feel all that well. Later in the day we went to Whaler's Village which isn't too far from our hotel. We got a bite to eat, looked in the shops. and then went in the water in front of the shopping area. We also went back to that same plaza for dinner. And that's about all we did yesterday (Thursday).

Today we drove down to the South Shore and went to the little craft fair there and to a couple of beaches. The first one we went to was Mokapu And Ulua beach. We went tubing and basically just floated around for awhile (one of my favorite things to do in the water). We also went snorkeling. We saw some pretty cool fish but there wasn't a ton of them there.

We also went to Big Beach, where the water can only be described as turquoise. So beautiful! I can't really describe it in words and pictures don't really do it justice. It's something that you have to see in person to truly appreciate.

This evening we went to dinner, sat by the beach in front of our hotel after the sunset and listened to the ocean, then we went in the jacuzzi. Pretty relaxing day!

Tomorrow we plan on doing some more "tubing" and "floating".


Big Beach

Big Beach


Rodger tubing/floating
Tomorrow we plan on doing some more "tubing" and "floating". We also are going to the "Old Lahaina Luau" tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love the first picture of you. You look so pretty. What a wonderful vacation you two are having. Can't wait to see you!