Suddenly I See

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vacation Hangover

Lunchtime I.M. session with Rodger.

kmcree23: hi
xturnal28: yes
kmcree23: i miss vacation
xturnal28: me too

Today was our first day back at work after vacation. Rather still be on vacation but also nice to see my coworkers.

It's been tough adjusting with the time zone change. I didn't fall asleep until 2:30 this morning so I only got four hours of sleep last night. My body is still on Hawaii time but unfortunately my job is not. I usually function on eight hours. The crazy thing is I am still not that tired.

For some reason coming home I pictured that my apartment was clean, I thought I had left it that way. Not so much, pretty much a disaster but we're still moving in so that's still my excuse. When I got home I remembered that all I really did before we left was wash some of the dishes, throw out some of the old food from the fridge, take out the trash, and change the cat litter. There was a shriveled up cantaloupe in the fridge, I never knew that's what cantaloupe did when it got old.

All in all it is very good to be home. I missed everyone including my Sush, who I am pretty sure missed me also. She has followed me around for two days now. So cute! And it's great to have such wonderful vacation memories. I will say that I do miss hanging out with Rodger all day, everyday. Such a funny little peanut.

But real life is great too, so I am happy with that. Now if I can just get a full night's sleep. I may have to call in Mr. Benadryl for an assist.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I can definitely vouch for the fact that Sushi missed you! So glad to have you back home.