We arrived in Maui this afternoon at about 4 pm Hawaii time, so 7 pm California time. Now it's only 9:30 pm here but feels like 12:30 am which explains why Rodger is already asleep. This is like the earliest he has fallen asleep in a while.
Anyhow, we are here and it is great! It's beautiful. I can't even describe the color of the ocean. It's a kind of blue I have never seen before. We only saw a small amount of the island today because we picked-up our rental car and drove to the hotel but everything we did see was just beautiful.
Here are the things I love about our Maui vacation so far. (Actually, I love everything about our Maui vacation but I will be specific here).
- Our rental car is a Sebring convertible. That's right we are driving the same car Michael Scott use to drive, well an updated version.
- Driving around with the top down is exhilarating.
- The beautiful rainbow we saw right before we got to our hotel.
- That it rains here off and on in just little spurts.
- Our room was upgraded from a regular studio to a one bedroom with a kitchen and living room. So basically our hotel room is bigger than my apartment. And the kitchen is fully stocked with a fridge, dishwasher, and stove. This should make eating here a little cheaper, at least for breakfast.
- There are two cats that live by the hotel.
- THE BEACH WATER HERE IS SOOOOO WARM. I love it. We already went in. I like swimming at the beach but don't go in too much because the water is so cold. Not a problem here. The water is warmer then the pool water and this was at 6 pm. So tomorrow during the day should be even better.
- I made a new friend named "Sweet Sunset". She tastes good, creamy strawberry with just a hint of rum. I think we will be hanging out every night.
- The sales tax here is like 4%. Too bad everything else is so expensive.
- The sunset, the moon, the stars, the clouds. At night everything in the sky is so clear. Looking forward to seeing all of this every night while we are here.
I think I am going to go to sleep now too. Luckily, I can sleep for like a 12 hour stretch so the time change won't have me up at 5 am or anything crazy like that.
Sorry there are no pictures on this post, I am too tired to post them. Tomorrow's post will have lots of pictures.
Goodnight from Maui and Mahalo for reading about our first day here.