Suddenly I See

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful: My Husband

Clearly my thankful post have not been daily (though they should be) and they certainly aren't in order of importance, more sporadic.


I am truly so thankful for my husband. I am always reminded of what a good person he is. Most recently when I was sick on Monday and he came home from work and took care of me, kept taking my temperature, putting a show on TV for me, searching far and wide for our Advil, making me food, and waking up in the middle of the night to make sure I was feeling okay.

But I am also thankful for him for a million other reasons which more or less can be summed up simply that he is a good person and he loves me.

Occasionally I jot down thoughts on my phone that I have and I thought I would share a few that I wrote about Rodger with you.

And maybe that's what I love about him most. His ability to stay in the moment, to appreciate the now. I love that because I admire it. I have learned that it takes a strong person to do that. To live in the moment.

He has this unbelievable ability to do the right thing.
 

He doesn't always say in words what he does with his actions. there were many times last year when i needed to know there was a man i could trust. and i trusted him more than ever even after being together for years. He stayed at the hospital all night and day when Olivia was born. He cares for my family as i care for them. and that means so much to me.
 

But no matter what he does for me out of love there is a more overwhelming feeling that what he does is not just love for me but because that is who he truly is. and because of that i truly love him. and it shows me how good people really are. And maybe that is what I learned from our first year plus of marriage the most. That we have trust. That our love is strong. that we are good people apart and we are good people together. and that maybe we make each other better.

I love Rodger and I am thankful for him every day.

No comments: