Suddenly I See

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A request for advice

This last week I have had so many thoughts swirling in my head. Ones that are hard to let go of, ones that take over and make it hard to think about much else.

These thoughts become prevailing because there is nothing to be done about them. I so badly want to change something, someone else's choices. But that obviously is impossible. So I just keep weighing my thoughts and tossing them back and forth.

Where does that leave us though? In general- how do you live with other people's choices? I mean I know how to live- just keep breathing. But how do you find peace with it? I really am open to hearing anyone's advice. How do you get the peace, the peace to ultimately let go of these thoughts that are so hard to let go of? How do you let other people's choices that affect and hurt you not get to you so much?

Time is the answer that a great friend gave me. I have this tendency to want instant results to things. But is the answer to just let time go by and peace comes with that. And why is it so hard to let go when you know that is the only option? Shouldn't it be easier?

Where does forgiveness get put aside for the well being of your own feelings? How much do you let your relationships change because you need to set boundaries for yourself? Because at some point your feelings have to be as important as the other person. At some point being the bigger person becomes a hazard to your own emotional well being.

I know this is all very vague but if anyone has any broad advice that they would like to share I will welcome it.

No comments: