Suddenly I See

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas 2012 Part Two

Christmas morning found Rodger and I opening presents in front of a televised yule log (as is tradition) and an actual yule log in our fireplace. We opened the stockings we filled for each other and then the presents we bought for each other. I bought Rodger a couple of sweaters, a couple of blu-rays, some shoes, and jeans, and a couple other things. And he bought me a couple of books, a purse, a couple of sweatshirts, and a top, as well as some other things including the below picture which you will see.

Rodger got me this juicer attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer. It is so cool. Now I can juice all the oranges and lemons we have in the backyard. It works really well! I just didn't realize how many oranges it takes to make just one cup of juice. But it's worth it to have it so fresh. I can't say enough good things about this juicer.


A little later in the morning my Mom and the Madores came over for breakfast and to exchange gifts. I decided to do a waffle bar. I think it turned out pretty well. We had whole wheat waffles and Bisquick waffles. We also had bacon and my Mom's zucchini bread. It's the best! 
Didn't realize the picture was so blurry but you get the idea.


The rest of the morning was spent opening gifts, chatting, and enjoying each others company. And, of course, loving on little Olivia.


Rodger got Olivia this little bear suit. She was a good sport and let us put it on her. I don't know that there has ever been such a cute sight.

Vickie and Paul and the baby left for other festivities and Rodger and I relaxed with my Mom, who was also a good sport to stick around all day as she had a bad cold. She didn't even take a nap. I took a small one. We worked on a puzzle and watched holiday shows and movies.

A very relaxing and fun day! I even stayed in sweats the whole time!

Next up- Christmas dinner!

No comments: