Suddenly I See

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lucky to be her grandaughter

It's been a rough week. My Grandma Creekmur has not been doing well. Her body is shutting down. And all of our hearts are breaking.

And I don't really know what else to say. I know I have a million thoughts a day about it. But I don't know what to say. Or do. 

I am heartbroken for my Dad, my aunt, and my uncle.  So very heartbroken. And I am sad for my cousins, my sister, and me. We all love her so much. 

And I am sad that my children will not know her. Because she is the type of woman you want to know. So much of who I am came from her. She has an inner strength that instantly teaches a person.

I want her to be at peace. I want that for her. But for me I just want her to be okay because I just don't want it to be goodbye. 

But somewhere in the midst of it all I know I have to. And because of the strength she has taught us all, I think we will be able to do it. I feel so blessed to have all the wonderful memories I have of her and with her.



And I just have to hope that she knows how much we all love her. 

This past week has been rough but it has also made me have so much love and respect for my family. It's nice that we have each other. All of us. 


No comments: