Suddenly I See

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mom's Vegas Birthday Weekend

Last weekend my Mom, Vickie, Paul, Rodger, and I trekked out to Las Vegas to celebrate Mom's 60th birthday! What a great time we had. One of my most favorite Vegas trips ever.
Rodger and I drove out with my Mom and we all entertained ourselves with movie trivia games which all ended with Rodger saying "so I won?".

We stayed at the Wynn Encore hotel and let me tell you, what a great hotel. Vickie got us a great deal. The rooms and views were absolutely amazing. There were buttons by the bed to shut the drapes and turn off the lights and a television in the bathroom among many other wonderful amenities.We got to Vegas and checked into the hotel. Rodger and I decided to go and check out "Gold and Silver Pawn" where "Pawn Stars" is filmed. None of the stars were there but we got to see the place and look around.We all met up for dinner at Maggianos across from the hotel. I much enjoyed my chicken Parmesan, Peach Bellini, and the wonderful company. After dinner we walked around a bit and gambled.
View from the room

Saturday Mom, Vickie, Rodger, and I walked down the strip. I got this great coke bottle from "The Coke Store". Pretty great, right? Saturday also included a wonderful nap.
Saturday night was Mom's birthday dinner. We went to "Lakeside" at Wynn. Highlights included Kevin Sorbo from Hercules sitting behind us, a different show that happened every half hour (one with a singing frog), the lobster mac and cheese, and just being together.

Outside of "Lakeside". Everything at the Wynn is visually stunning.
The Birthday Girl!

When we checked in on Friday they gave us free tickets to the Cirque De Soleil show at the Wynn, "La Reve". We only got four tickets, Paul was going to skip it but then Vickie wasn't feeling well so she stayed behind. Paul and Vickie have both seen the show already. I have to say, though, that I think I could watch it over and over. It was so good! It was music and dancing and acrobatics and water. It was just a stunning show and I haven't stopped thinking about it since Saturday. I highly recommend it.
"La Reve"
Sunday morning we all headed home. What a wonderful trip. Such great memories!!

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!!

No comments: