Suddenly I See

Monday, November 29, 2010

Off Balance

I have been dizzy lately. A little off balance. I finally went to the doctor today to see what the problem is. The doctor told me that it is most likely an inner ear viral infection. I am not 100% convinced it is not a brain tumor, but I am feeling better about the situation than before I went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed me medication.

Two notes regarding this medication; and let me preface this by saying I have pretty much no knowledge when it comes to the medical community and absolutely zero knowlege when it comes to the health insurance industry.

1) It's over the counter so not covered by my insurance. It was only like $1.50 more so I didn't flip out too much but this is so stupid, the doctor wrote the prescription out and signed it, that should not be over the counter. Over the counter should be only for things I don't need to consult a doctor about. If I spent two and a half hours at the doctor today I want medicine that is covered by my insurance not medicine that I could have picked up in ten minutes at CVS. I hear more and more about occurances like this. I don't understand it but I mean I have insurance so let's keeping making medicines that are covered. If Paxil or my thyroid medication ever move to "over the counter" I'm screwed.

2) On one side of my prescription bottle it says "Take 1 tablet by mouth 3 times a day as needed for dizziness". On the other side under side effects it says "may cause dizziness." Okay then.

P.S. Please for the love of God if anyone has a story about dizziness related to a brain tumor or any other horrible condition please do not put it in the comments. Unless it is something to the affect of dizziness has absolutely nothing to do with brain tumors.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Love that a medicine that is supposed to cure dizziness has a side affect that may cause dizziness. Also, didn't Dr. Lacy tell you repeatedly that dizziness was not a symptom of a brain tumor?

vickie said...

Dizziness has absolutely NOTHING to do with brain tumors. I can tell you by experience with a co-worker that actually had one, that you would know.

peggy said...

Listen to your sister Monica!