Suddenly I See

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I had two teeth pulled and I'm camping!"*- K

We went camping last weekend to San Onofre. We left here Friday around 3pm about an hour and a half after I had two teeth extracted. I know, I am a trooper. I have been patting myself on the back all week for this extraordinary feat. It was my own doing and my own choice though. If I didn't get them pulled that day then I would have had to wait until the end of September and I wanted them out so that I don't have any tooth pain while Rodger and I are in Hawaii. (7 more days baby!)


Photobucket

It was a fun trip, I am not the biggest fan of camping but it is made a lot more fun when it is by the beach and also when you just surrender to the fact that you are going to look like a hot mess the whole time. There are some things I do love about camping which is uninterrupted time with loved ones, roasted marshmallows, cooking out, playing games, and campfires. Oh and of course, the SMORES, which I couldn't partake in this time because of the aforementioned teeth situation. Next time I am back in action with the smores though.

I will even admit that the tent and air mattress were comfortable and it is nice waking up and falling asleep in the fresh air. And I did sleep well but that probably had more to do with the codeine than anything.

Anyways, thanks everyone for a fun weekend of camping!

*This was my response to Rodger saying I was being mean to him.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yes the codeine haze made camping more fun for you, I am sure. It was a great weekend. Maybe we should make it a semi-annual event instead of just once a year. Thanks everyone for pitching in and making it so much fun.