Suddenly I See

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday Night

Yesterday when I got home from work I got a stomachache, a bad one. Why would this have to happen on a Friday night? Ugh. It really never went away until I woke up this morning. So Friday was a little less fun than it should be but we still managed to get some things done after I hung out in bed for about three hours.

We did end up doing a little shopping and I bought my first blu ray for myself. I have bought them before for other people but never for myself. Ironically enough it's a movie from the eighties, "National Lampoon's Vacation". It's one of my favorites and it just came out on Blu Ray so I had to get it. This brings my Blu Ray collection up to two, Rodger bought me "Couples Retreat" for my birthday.

On the way home we stopped to get some watermelon (that was dinner for me). I love watermelon so much, it just screams summer and there are these smaller ones that you can buy, I think they are called Del Luna, and they are so crisp and sweet. I could eat it everyday.

A few things that made me laugh tonight.

-Walking past my old apartment and seeing all of my old kitchen utensils sitting on the wall air conditioning unit. Guess I forgot to pack those.

-Driving past the McDonalds billboard on the freeway that shows a cup of coffee and says "If coffee is Joe, consider this Joseph". This sign is so funny to me and I laugh every time I see it.

-As we were driving home a Michael Jackson song came on and Rodger says "my boy" and turns it up really loud, and then starts shaking his head. MJ's passing has been hard for some of us to get over. (Not that I am say him passing is funny, it's just Rodger's reaction to his song that is funny and now that I have explained this whole thing none of it is really funny anymore.)

Despite not feeling too hot it was a nice night and I fell asleep watching the Griswolds and with a stomach full of delicious watermelon.

And this is the view from the living room window on a Friday night.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

i'm also loling at the mcd's coffee ad...haven't seen that one. the dc area doesn't have billboards. that's a good one though.