Suddenly I See

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanks Wal-Mart checker, you gave me a good laugh

Here is the run-down on a little conversation the Wal-Mart checker and I had.

Checker: Hello, how are you?
Me: Good, thanks, how are you?
Checker: "Just living the dream."
Me: Extreme laughter.

I just love a good dose of sarcasm. Especially in a setting like Wal-Mart. Where this poor kid had probably been standing on his feet for eight hours touching all sorts of germs and dealing with people in general. And not just people, but Wal-Mart people. And not just Wal-Mart people but Duarte Wal-Mart people. For the record I don't consider myself a Wal-Mart person, I am a Target person who occasionally goes to Wal-Mart and while there sucumbs to a good deal.

At this point I really feel I must explain that it was Rodger's idea to go to Wal-Mart tonight. He needed car supplies. So what if I ended up spending over three times as much money as him. Is it just me or have their clothes gotten cuter? Even more embarrassing is the fact that I wore a shirt that I bought at Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart. It might be even more embarrassing that it's a shirt from Miley Cyrus's fashion line. In my defense it's her fashion line with Max Azria and it was only $5.

Thanks checker, you're funny. I don't expect you to be working there much longer. A little too clever. You know who appreciates clever? Target people.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Thanks for the laugh. I would have appreciated that checker's sense of humor too!

Pam said...

Hopefully the checker was really trying to be funny and you didn't squash his dream.