Suddenly I See

Sunday, November 9, 2008

You know the old saying?


"The couple that goes to the dentist together stays together."

That's how Rodger and I spent our Saturday morning. Him in one room, me in the other. Every once in a while when the dentist left the room during my crown build-up and prep I would look across the hall and wave at Rodger getting his teeth x-rayed.

Three shots in my mouth to numb it. The one in the roof of my mouth hurt particularly bad this time and is still sore but I will take the shots over feeling any sort of pain. The dentist I saw yesterday I have only seen a few other times and every single time she draws me a pictures of a tooth. It's kind of funny. But she was really nice to both Rodger and I.

Not exactly how I like to spend my Saturday morning but at least I had good company and they played "Big Daddy" and "Home Alone". And I got to get a sandwich at Togos afterwards.

As much as I am there one would really think I love the dentist. They're nice people but love is too strong of a term. One technician told me that I am there so much they should name a room after me. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I laughed because you know, it is kind of funny.


"Drill Baby Drill!"



1 comment:

Pam said...

I like the sound of the Greg and Katie Creekmur wing of the dentist office. Lord knows they have enough of our money. Maybe you should set up a charity Foundation for the unfortunate. You know, like the Lance Armstrong Foundation and such. Just saying.