Suddenly I See

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nature

“A child said What is the grass? fetching it to me with full hands; How could I answer the child? I do not know what it is any more than he.” 
Walt Whitman 
–A Song of Myself 


We love to take evening walks with Kona. It is especially nice to go when the sun is setting. Since we have moved here (and when the time change allowed) I have reveled in the beauty and glory of the sunsets. They are just unreal. And it always occurs to me that there is no proper or adequate way to describe nature. It's a good reminder that the beauty of nature doesn't need an explanation, it just needs to be enjoyed and respected.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful pictures. The sunsets have been amazing.

Jenn said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful thoughts.