Suddenly I See

Sunday, April 7, 2013

An Overnighter in Vegas

A could of weekends ago Rodger and I took a Friday off and went for a quick trip to Vegas. We stayed at the MGM. We hadn't stayed there before. It was nice, but our room was about a mile away from the elevator and was a bit on the small side. Not sure if it was worth the money but I guess we had to stay somewhere.

The main reason for the trip was to visit my Grandpa and Chrissie. I hadn't seen them in over two years so I was long overdue for a visit. And I mean who doesn't like going to Vegas? 

Friday night we went to dinner at Ruth's Chris (at the Harrah's) because we had a gift card from credit card points. We loved it! The view was overlooking the strip and the food was amazing. Before dinner we stopped at an Oyster Bar. Rodger wanted to even though we were going to have a huge meal. But he enjoyed it and I had a drink so what can be wrong with that?

This is the view from Ruth's Chris



After dinner we walked back to the MGM down the strip and I took this blurry picture which I love. The strip at night cannot be explained, it just really has to be experienced.

One of my favorite things to see in Vegas is the Belagio "Conservatory". Every season they change the floral scheme. I was really glad we went this time as it was so pretty for spring.





Saturday for lunch we headed out to my Grandpa's house and went to lunch. It was so great to visit with them. I just love chatting and catching up with them. My Grandpa always has funny stories to tell about his substitute teaching. I am glad we took the time to go out there and visit.

We drove home after that. It was a quick trip but fun. Also, thanks so much to my Mom for watching Sushi and Kona. We wouldn't have been able to go otherwise.

No comments: