Suddenly I See

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mary Blair

If you looked at Google yesterday then you know that yesterday was Mary Blair's 100th Birthday.
I have been meaning to post about Mary Blair for awhile now, so the time of her birthday is perfect. Right now and for the past several months Disneyland has had Mary Blair's art on display and for sale in one of their stores on Main Street. Because we go to Disneyland all of the time I have been able to see her art quite a bit. She worked on many Disney cartoon movies and is responsible for the art in the "It's a Small World" ride.
We were also able to see some of her work when we visited "The Walt Disney Family History Museum" in San Francisco this summer.

I picked-up this postcard there, which I love. I was also able to get two "Little Golden Books" with her art in them.
At the Disneyland exhibit they feature her different paintings from the countries of the world. My favorite is this Sweden one.
A few of my other favorite paintings of hers.



Happy Birthday Mary Blair!

No comments: