Suddenly I See

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shaved Ice and Sand

I got a Hawaiian Airlines miles credit card offer in the mail today. They want to give me a lot of points for my upcoming wedding and honeymoon. Something about being engaged makes companies send you all sorts of offers and random people call you. (Just ask Rodger, Men's Wearhouse calls him everyday.)



Hawaiian Airlines struck a cord with me though because I really miss Hawaii. We are not going back this year. We have to save for the wedding and honeymoon. Plus if you go all the time then the fun wears off or some such nonsense.

If you get the chance to go to Oahu then you must visit the North Shore and have Matsumoto's Shaved Ice. Pants are optional. I kept telling Rodger that it was fine to walk around in bikini bottoms but after a while I was looking around and I didn't see anyone else doing it. Oh well, it can't be as embarrassing as last Saturday night when I walked around Michael's, Albertsons, and Target with my zipper down. (Jenn- ask your friend that works at Target about it, I had a whole conversation with him that night). So embarrassing!

Also, if you ever go to Kihei in Maui take a look around for that brown hat. Our favorite hat was lost in the wind on the beach. We miss it.

I also miss my tan. There is nothing like a nice gradual bronzing of the skin. Good thing for our first wedding anniversary Hawaiian Airlines will give us 20,000 points.

Do threaten me with a good time.

No comments: