Suddenly I See

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick Pants

Rodger and I have colds. He has a bad cough and I have chills all over my body and am all stuffed up and last week I had canker sores and yesterday a cut tongue. Rodger hardly ever gets sick and I get a cold a few times a year.

I didn't go to work yesterday. I spent my day in a "Ny-Quil" induced haze meaning I pretty much slept all day and what I did do I can only vaguely remember. I woke up twice last night drenched in my sweat. This happens to me a lot, not just when I am sick, but this was a lot of sweat. Plus there was a high speed chase on t.v. last night and I slept right through it. I hate that, it went right though Monrovia and everything. I went to work today but couldn't get warm and then when I did get warm I was very hot.

I think we are both getting better but colds do take awhile to go away. Poor Rodger has to sleep elevated because of his cough. He has to get all better by Friday because it's his birthday and you just can't be sick on your birthday.

So that's our status update. It was too long to put on Facebook.

Also, we went to Sonics tonight because we bought malts there earlier this month and if you take your receipt back before the end of the month then you get your whole order again for FREE! Two chocolate malts- just what the doctor ordered.

Also, I did a complete yoga back bend tonight. I was so proud. The past few weeks I haven't been able to get the top of my head off of the ground but all of sudden tonight I just did it. I went so high up that the bottom my pony tail was touching the ground. I was like a little kid, "look Rodger I'm doing it!". Yoga is amazing. I need to do it more often.

Time to go blow my nose again. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sorry you guys are sicky. Do you want me to bring you some soup or magazines or anything?

Also, there is a yoga class that meets at 8am on Saturdays in the park near my house. It is free and every week since we moved here I have said "Maybe I'll wake up early and go to yoga this weekend." Hasn't happened once, mostly because I'll wake up and wonder why I had an alarm set on Saturday. Want to try to go when you feel better? If I make a date to go with you, I won't blow it off.