Suddenly I See

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Steps

("Bob, there is a ground breaking new book out.")

(Baby steps get on the elevator.)

I have started running. And this isn't going to be the half-hearted attempt that I usually give running. You know doing it occasionally and then forgetting about it. Running is just not easy for me (is it for anyone?) but I have set a goal for myself to do a 5K in December and then see what happens from there. Having a goal for my running will keep me motivated. I have ran two nights in a row so far. Definitely baby steps so far such as "just run until the end of the block and then you can walk" but I keep telling myself that the more I do it the easier it will get.

It's funny because while I am running I get all of these ideas in my head about doing half-marathons and full marathons and I am really motivated but then when I am done running and sweating and out of breath I think to myself "I don't want to do that again any time soon". But I will because I want to prove to myself that I can accomplish this goal of mine.

So even though it is only "baby steps" at first I am off and RUNNING!

3 comments:

vickie said...

("Bob, there is a ground breaking new book out.")

What is this part of the blog?

Other than that, GOOD LUCK! You can totally do it, but I agree running sucks.

Katie said...

It's from "What About Bob". Dr. Leo Marvin wrote a book called "Baby Steps". Maybe you haven't seen it as many times as I have.

Peggy said...

This reminds me of the Roseanne when she decides she is going to lose weight and sets out to walk to and from work every day, walks outside and decides it is too cold! I know you'll do better than she did!