Suddenly I See

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Aquarium of the Pacific



Last Saturday Rodger and I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach as a little outing to celebrate our 4th anniversary.

I had never been before and we picked a beautiful day to go. The aquarium is right on the water so it was nice to hang out there in the sun. Only in California can you find such glorius weather in January.

I recommend checking out the aquarium if you haven't been there before.





This guy was feeding the starfish. He put food in their center and stuck them to the glass. (This guy was huge. He could have been a linebacker. -Just a side note)

A tank where you can touch the starfish.



Lots to do and check out. The sea lions were my favorite, with the sea otters coming in a close second. I could just sit and watch them all day. The way they jump in and out of the water and the noise that the sea lions make just really entertain me.



This guy was a real show off.






I, of course, made a beeline for the picture of the cat. Cute story about a cat, Topaz that lived in an alley where the aquarium was built and afterwards moved into the aquarium and lives in one of the offices. How cute is that?

We had a great time, and I already want to go back.

One more picture of the sea lion. I am telling you I just couldn't get enough of them.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I've been wanting to get out there soon. Do you want to plan a day we can go?